Eligibility for Standard Requests
Before you are eligible to work on Standard Requests, you must pass the following requirements:
- You must have agreed to our NDA (non-disclosure agreement) and verified your ID.
- Your status level as a translator on Conyac must be rated as Standard or higher according to your latest Level Test.
How to Work with Standard Requests
- Browse Standard Requests under the Standard column to find one that looks like a good fit for your interests and abilities.
- Click to open and view the details of the Standard Request.
- Double-check the deadline, and if you are confident to complete it on time, click Accept.
- Note that you can only accept one translation request at a time.
- Long translation work is separated into paragraphs.
- You can save your draft with the "Save as Draft" button and commit finished paragraphs with the "Commit" button.
- The blue bar on the top right indicates how much you have progressed.
- Once you have finished all the translations, be sure to double-check your work. You can check the whole text with the "Whole Text" tab.
- Click on the "Submit the translation" button once you are finished.
- After clicking on the “Submit the translation” button, check on the categories that need to be check to see if the translation is complete. Once you check the whole categories, click the “Submit” button. Now the translation is submitted successfully.
What Happens After You Submit Your Translation
Privacy for Standard Requests
Unlike Light Requests, Standard Requests are always set to private. This means that the translators can only see the translations they submit themselves.
Double-check requests are from clients who would like their purchased translation to go through a second round of checking by a different translator. This translation request has already gone through the process of being translated; however, the requester would like you to take the finished translation, read it thoroughly, and make any required corrections or edits to enhance its quality.
- The compensation for Double-Check Requests is the same as for regular translation requests.
- To take on a Double-Check Request, open a Standard Request and select the "Revision" tab.
- Note: You must have a score of 61+ to be eligible to take on a Double-Check Request.
- A Premium Request is a type of Standard Request that a client makes available exclusively to their favorite translators.
- Once a translator submits work to a client, that client can designate them as one of their favorite translators.
- Being an excellent communicator and submitting top quality work will increase the chance that a client will select you as one of their favorites and later send you a Premium Request.
How to See Your Feedback
For each completed Standard Request, you will see the following information:
- Client username
- Request title
- Specs (word count, language, time limit)
- Feedback and comments