Before we can issue payments, we require that you complete the following steps.
- Complete the basic account settings (confirm your email, register your language pairs, and confirm your Facebook account)
- Set up your Conyac freelancer profile
- Agree to our NDA
- Let us verify your ID
- Translators must receive three positive reviews or pass the Level Test
We currently offer two options for receiving payment for your work on Conyac.
- PayPal: PayPal is an international online payment system that supports online money transfers.
- Bank Transfer: Only available for Japanese bank accounts (we are operating in Japan).
For Conyac Market jobs, your Conyac account balance must exceed the minimum payout threshold in the corresponding currency.
- For PayPal Payments: Either your JPY balance exceeds ¥1,000, or your USD balance exceeds $10
- For Payments to Japanese Bank Accounts: Your JPY balance exceeds ¥10,000
Once your Conyac rewards balance exceeds the above thresholds, we'll pay out to your registered payment method.
- Amount Calculation: Invoices are closed on the last day of every month.
- PayoutTiming: The automatic payment occurs on the tenth day of the following month.
Receiving Payments via PayPal
PayPal Account Setup
To receive payments via Paypal, you must first go through the steps above and then set up your PayPal account as follows.
- Visit PayPal.com to create a PayPal account.
- Verify your email and log in to your PayPal account.
- Upgrade to a Premier or Business Account. You may be required to submit ID, and the verification process can take several weeks.
- To learn more about how PayPal works or if you have any issues with PayPal, please visit see their Help Desk documentation or contact their support staff.
- Once your PayPal account is ready, register it in your Conyac account dashboard.
PayPal Payment Currency
- Payments will be made in the currency set by the client.
- Freelancers are not able to specify the payment currency.
- If you haven't already, you may need to add currencies to your PayPal account.
When your payment is not paid out to your PayPal account, it may be for the following reasons.
- You have not met the payout thresholds detailed above.
- The email address you specified is different from the address registered with your PayPal account.
- Your PayPal account is not upgraded to a Premium or Business account.
- Country: Since we operate in Japan, we only offer bank transfers to Japanese banks accounts.
- Thresholds: Your JPY Conyac rewards balance must exceed ¥10,000 before we can make a bank transfer.
- Fees: We charge a Handling Fee of 540 JPY and a Reverse Transaction Fee of 864 JPY.
- Tax: For users residing in Japan, we must subtract Withholding Tax from payments.
PayPal vs. Bank Transfers
- If you have registered both your Paypal and bank accounts, we will default to depositing to your bank account once you exceed the 10,000 JPY threshold.
- If your rewards are under 10,000 JPY, you will be not get paid until you exceed the 10,000 JPY threshold.
- If you wish to receive remuneration under 10,000 JPY, you will have to delete your bank account information and only keep your Paypal account registered with us.